Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG)
Notification of Implementing Projection Mapping near the West Exit of Shinjuku Station
We are pleased to announce that in a bid to create a new tourist attraction that would lend color to the nightlife of Tokyo, we will carry out an experimental projection mapping using the temporary enclosure covering the buildings of Odakyu Department Store, now under demolition, in the redevelopment area near the west exit of Shinjuku Station.
- Projection period: Projection (daily) is scheduled to begin on March 6 (Monday), 2023
*There will be a period of suspension due to the maintenance work and the contents’ replacement.
* The projection mapping is slated to continue until the end of August this year. We will notify you again of the termination of the projection period and other details in light of the progress in the demolition work.
- Time: 10 minutes each, 3 times a day, starting from 18:30, 19:30, and 20:30
- Projection site: Temporary enclosure for the building of Odakyu Department Store, under demolition in the redevelopment area near the west exit of Shinjuku Station
- Main contents: Videos showcasing the lures of Tokyo and the like
- Organizer: Tokyo Projection Mapping Executive Committee
- Co-sponsor: Tokyo Metropolitan Government
*In carrying out this projection mapping, we will push forward environmentally-friendly efforts (With the use of green electricity).
*To ensure the smooth flow of people at the site, viewers are asked to follow the instructions given by security guards.
*If there are changes to the above projection time, contents, etc., we will notify you on the following website.
Official website of the Bureau of Industrial and Labor Affairs, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government (https://www.sangyo-rodo.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/eng/)
The projection mapping from April 1 (Saturday) onward will be implemented if the relevant budget for FY2023 is approved at the Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly by March 31, 2023.
Part of a content projected
(Courtesy of the award-winning work presented at the 1-minute Projection Mapping International Contest)
Secretariat of the TOKYO LIGHTS Executive Committee
(Within the Promotion Section, Tourism Division, Bureau of Industrial and Labor Affairs, Tokyo Metropolitan Government)
Mr. AKUZAWA Tatsuya, Ms. TACHIKAWA Nozomi