- Closed for Golden Week
The FPCJ will be closed for the Golden Week holiday, from Saturday, April 27 to Monday, May 6. We will begin to respond to messages sent during this period on Tuesday, May 7.
The FPCJ helps foreign journalists make arrangements for news gathering based on their requests.
Types of Support
- * Advice and information on possible interviewees and places to cover.
- * Making interview arrangements based on your requests.
- * Information on hiring interpreters.
- * Information on renting camera equipment and transportation.
The FPCJ, as a non-profit organization, provides assistance for news reporting only; we are unable to support production of advertisements/promotions, commercial films, or entertainment programs.
How to Use the service
Please read the information below and apply through the application form.
We may not be able to help you, if your request comes at short notice such as only one week before.
- (1) Depending on the timing, it can be extremely difficult to arrange appointments with government officials and company representatives. ->For details.
- (2) Depending on the issuing authority of your passport, media representatives may be required to apply for a visa for entry into Japan in advance. ->For details.
- (3) Journalists who do not speak Japanese will need to hire an interpreter in many cases when reporting in Japan. In order to facilitate TV reporting, it is necessary to hire an interpreter/coordinator. ->For details.
- (4) Bringing Camera Equipment into Japan? ->For details.