Foreign Press Center Japan (FPCJ) provides support (on commission) for events targeting foreign media held by government agencies, local governments, universities, businesses, and other organizations.
This service is available for one event or facility in Tokyo or the surrounding area, and includes advice on how to attract members of the foreign media with the content of the event and its announcement (press release), for effective promotion to foreign media.
(Past examples of support include an event at a regional specialty shop and restaurant in Tokyo for a local government, and an international trade show for an industry association.)
Please use the form below if you have any questions or would like an estimate.
Foreign Press Center Japan, Strategic Communications Division
Tel: 03-3501-5251 (Monday-Friday 9:30-17:30)
Types of Press Event Support (Commissioned Projects)
- 1. Advice on Planning and Schedule
Based on a proposal made by the event host, consultation will be provided on reporting trends and what interests foreign media, in order to make the event one foreign media want to participate in.
FPCJ staff will inspect the event venue beforehand, and provide advice on the press event’s schedule, content, and organization.
- 2. Advice on Press Release (Event Announcement for Media)
Advice will be provided on the content and layout of the press release.
- 3. Distribution of Press Release to Foreign Media/Uploading Press Release on FPCJ Website
In addition to distributing a press release (event announcement) to foreign media in Japan, the press release will also be uploaded to the FPCJ website to effectively promote the event.
- <Optional Services>
The following optional services are available:
(1) Manage applications from journalists and organize participants (English support available)
(2) Accompaniment and on-site support by FPCJ staff during event (English support available)
(3) Distribution of event announcement to foreign embassies in Japan