The FPCJ offers its own Press Release Distribution Service (by email and fax) to foreign press organizations and foreign embassies in Japan. With this service, the FPCJ distributes press releases at the request of enterprises, organizations, and government organizations.
This service can also be used to announce news presentations and press conferences or other events for foreign journalists in Japan.
After reviewing the conditions below, please apply for the service by completing this application form.
Conditions for Use
- - The FPCJ’s Press Release Distribution Service is for the purpose of providing information on news opportunities to foreign media.
- - The center reserves the right to refuse use of the distribution service if the material is of a strongly commercial nature (for example, intended to promote products or services) or contains messages of a political or religious nature, depending on the content of news.
Number of Registered Destinations (revised March 1, 2016)
With the FPCJ’s simultaneous distribution system, destinations are grouped into the following six categories, according to destination, means of communication, and language.
|Means of Communication||Destination Group||Destination||Language||Number of Registered Destinations||Number of Organizations||Number of Countries or Regions|
|Email Distribution||1||Foreign Media in Japan||Japanese||229||94||17|
|2||Foreign Media in Japan||English||254||129||29|
|3||Foreign Embassies in Japan||English||160||67||67|
|Fax Distribution||4||Foreign Media in Japan||Japanese||23 (19)||23 (19)||5 (4)|
|5||Foreign Media in Japan||English||38 (24)||37 (24)||10 (8)|
|6||Foreign Embassies in Japan||English||122 (73)||122 (73)||122 (73)|
- * The Number of Registered Destinations includes both email addresses and fax numbers.
- * When using the service via both email and fax, the number of destinations transmitted via fax is the number in ( ), since the service avoids overlapping fax and email transmissions.
- * Click here to see the number of foreign media in Japan by area (FPCJ survey).
Fees (excluding consumption tax) (as of April 1, 2017)
|Standard Fees||18,000 yen per standard A4 page
1,000 yen for each additional page
|200 yen per fax number per standard A4 page|
|Rapid Fees||21,000 yen per standard A4 page
2,000 yen for each additional page
|250 yen per fax number per standard A4 page|
|Express Fees||26,250 yen per standard A4 page
3,000 yen for each additional page
|300 yen per fax number per standard A4 page|
|Super Express Fees||35,000 yen per standard A4 page
3,500 yen for each additional page
|400 yen per fax number per standard A4 page|
- * The fees above will be applied for each destination category.
- * 20% corporate administrative operating expenses included
Pricing Estimate (business days only)
- * For Super Express Fee, please send an online application by noon on the delivery day, and you should be online to check emails.
★Instructions for the text
- - Material for email distribution should be in text format (plain text) only. Material with file attachments or in rich text or HTML format cannot be accepted. Please use a Word file for your submission.
- - Should the original draft include images and tables, please delete them or replace them with text in your submission.
- - If you prefer to use the service via fax, please include the distribution date (for example, August 1, 2015) on the upper right of the first page.
- - In principle, the length of the material should be a maximum of two A4-size pages, either in Japanese or English.
- - The pages of the text will be counted under the following standard format: margins 2.5cm each, 10.5 point Arial font.
Please note that after applying for the service, a cancellation fee will be charged when cancelling your application on request.
- - Cancellation on the preferred delivery date (After 17:00 the day before)
: The entire fee for the service selected
- - Cancellation after sending an example file: Half the fee for the service selected
Press Release Distribution Service Process
- 1Fill out and send Press Release Distribution Service application form
Fill out all the necessary sections of the form and send it with a draft of the data to be distributed
*The application will be considered finalized as soon as both the application form and distribution draft are received. [★Instructions for the text]
- 2Confirmation of application
The FPCJ will contact the client to confirm the details of the application form and distribution data, and inform them whether or not the service can be used.
- 3Sending an example file (distribution draft)
The FPCJ will prepare the draft for delivery and send the client an example file. Adjustments and changes will be made if requested after the client checks the example file.
- 4Finalization of distribution content
Once the distribution content has been finalized, the FPCJ will prepare to distribute it. At the same time, information including the delivery date and time, language, destination, fee, and billing address, will be confirmed with the client.
The FPCJ will distribute the release to the designated destinations at the designated date and time.
- 66 Report of completion of distribution
The FPCJ will inform the client of completion of distribution and mail the bill to the designated address.
- Foreign Press Center Japan (Strategic Communications Division)
Tel: 03-3501-5251 (Mondays to Fridays, 9:30–17:30)
Email: sc[at] fpcjpn.or.jp