Date : August 21, 2019
Video report: One Year Until the Tokyo Paralympics (Organising Committee executives and Paralympians)
post date : 2019.08.22
There is just over a year left until the beginning of the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games. What kind of preparations has Tokyo, the first place in the world to hold the Summer Paralympics for a second time, been making to ensure these Games are safe and pleasant, and how is it trying to communicate their legacy to the world?
The FPCJ invited Mr. Yasushi Yamawaki, vice president of the Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, to speak about the state of preparations, along with two Paralympians who discussed their feelings on participating in the Games. Mr. Markus Rehm is a world record holder in long jump, and is aiming to break his record at Tokyo 2020. Mr. Keiichi Kimura is one of the leading Paralympian swimmers in the world, having won four models in the 2016 Rio Paralympics, the most of any Japanese competitor, and is also the director of the Paralympians Association of Japan.
The briefing had a total of 60 participants including journalists from Germany, France, Spain, and South Korea.
■ Date: August 21 (Wed), 2019, 14:00-15:30
■ Theme: One Year Until the Tokyo Paralympics
- Mr. Yasushi Yamawaki, Vice President, Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Mr. Hisashi Nakaminami, Head of Paralympic Games Integration Office, Tokyo Organising Committee of the
Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Mr. Craig Spence, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, International Paralympic Committee
- Mr. Markus Rehm (Germany/ Long Jump Gold Medalist, London 2012 and Rio 2016)
- Mr. Keiichi Kimura (Japan/ Swimming Silver Medalist, Rio 2016)
■ Language: Japanese/English (with consecutive interpretation)
If you have published an article, photo, or a program based on our press briefing report, please provide us with the (1) title of article(s) or product(s), (2) author’s name, (3) published/broadcast date of your report, and (4) a copy of or a link to your report (if available) via email ( cp[at]fpcjpn.or.jp ).
*Please replace “at” with “@” when you send the e-mail.