Transforming the Future of Energy with International IP Symposium -For the sustainable society- November 22, 2023, starting at 16.00 (JST), Online
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations. WIPO Japan Office will hold an online symposium on November 22nd, to explore the role of intellectual property in the energy industry and realizing the SDGs which are increasingly important subjects in recent years.
Intellectual property plays a very important role in business. Understanding and utilizing intellectual property can also lead to the promotion of corporate branding and innovation. This event will invite prominent experts from Japan and abroad to discuss the role of intellectual property in promoting the SDGs and a sustainable future, as well as the role of intellectual property as a business strategy. There will be presentations and discussions about technology trends in the energy market and Research and Development, the potential of hydrogen energy, investment in environmental technology, and management strategy that incorporates intellectual property strategy.
The event program is designed to be enjoyed by wide-ranging participants, including those in the management who think about business strategy, those in the field responsible for research and development, and those interested in intellectual property and SDGs. The event will uncover the ways of business utilization of intellectual property and the future of the energy market in an easily accessible manner.
Program Highlights(Listed in order of presentation):
Moderator: Eco-Announcer® Ayako SAKURADA
• Opening Remarks: Tomoki SAWAI, Director, WIPO Japan Office
• Sustainable Future: José Graça Aranha, WIPO’s Special Representative on the UN SDGs, WIPO
• Renewable Energy Market Technology Outlook: Mark Cohen, Principal Consultant and Michele Turitto,
Managing Partner, Energy Industrial and Chemical, Sagentia Innovation
• WIPO GREEN at a Ten Year Milestone: Rishab Raturi, Associate Programme Officer, Global Challenges
Division, Global Challenges and Partnerships Sector, WIPO
• Hydrogen Energy for Carbon-Neutral Society: Kazunari SASAKI, Senior Vice President, Distinguished
Professor, Kyushu University
• Sustainable Investment: Shani Zanescu, Climate Tech Investor & Co-founder and Chair PLANTech
• Dialogue on IP: Incorporating Corporate Strategy in Decarbonisation Efforts: Masafumi YAMAMOTO,
Executive Officer, Daikin Industries, Ltd. Responsible for Corporate Ethics, Compliance, Legal affairs,
Intellectual Property and Information Security
Interviewer: Tomoki SAWAI, Director, WIPO Japan Office
Details including registration can be found at below link:
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Japan Office
3F, 1-4-2 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda, Tokyo 100-0013, Japan
Tel: +81 3 5532 5030