Call for Participation “The 6th Hiroshima Junior International Forum (Online)”
The 6th Hiroshima Junior International Forum
August 17 (Tue) through August 20 (Fri), 2021
Hiroshima Prefecture will be holding the 6th Hiroshima Junior International Forum online, during which we will invite foreign high school students from home and abroad. Participants will debate and exchange ideas with Japanese students on topics related to international peace, and then share a message to the international community calling for a world without nuclear weapons.
It will be a great opportunity to increase awareness on international peace-related issues among the next generation’s future leaders, and to raise their capabilities as global citizens. Thus, we would like to request that you kindly share this information with teachers and students in your country, and encourage them to participate in this forum.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
1. Name: The Hiroshima Junior International Forum
2. Date: August 17 (Tue) through August 20 (Fri), 2021
3. Time: 11:00-17:30 Japan standard time *tentative, may be subject to change
August 17(Tue) -19 (Thu):
Orientation, “Teambuilding” Workshop, Atomic Bomb Survivor’s Testimony, Online Guided Tour of Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park, Lecture and Group Discussion on “Abolition of Nuclear Weapons”, Lecture and Group Discussion on “Reconstruction & Peace Building”, Drafting of the “Hiroshima Declaration”
August 20 (Fri):
Presentation of the “Hiroshima Declaration”
4. Method: Web Conference System (Zoom)
5. Sponsor: Hiroshima Prefectural Government
6. Number of participants:
・Foreign high school students 20 people
・Japanese high school students 40 people
7. Participation Fee: Free
8. How to apply: Submit the designated application form by e-mail or post to the Hiroshima Prefectural Government’s International Affairs Division by Monday, May 31st.
9. For more details, please refer to the Hiroshima Prefecture homepage via the following link:
International Affairs Division Staff: Mr. Ota & Mr. Boda
TEL: 082-513-2361 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org