The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG) is preparing its Tokyo Media Center (TMC) for full operation to welcome and support the global press with their coverage during the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020.
Due to the postponement of the opening of the Tokyo 2020 Games, TMC website services were halted but will now resume website operations starting today. TMC will provide a variety of online information and support to the press in Japan and around the world in providing media coverage regardless of time or location. The physical facility, located in the Yurakucho area of Tokyo, will open on Wednesday, July 21 and will provide workspaces and lounges primarily for members of the media who do not have accreditation for the Tokyo 2020 Games.
Media registration is required in order to use TMC services. We look forward to your participation.
1. Media Registration
First, please submit your name and email for Account Registration with the link below.
After completing Account Registration, please register your ID and proof of employment with the Accreditation Application form via the link below.
- TMC Accreditation granted by the TMG is different from official accreditation for the Tokyo 2020 Games*.
- Even with TMC Accreditation, you are not allowed to access the Main Press Centre (MPC), International Broadcast Centre (IBC) in Tokyo Big Sight nor the competition venues security areas established by the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee. In order to enter the MPC, IBC and competition venues as a member of the media, you must have Tokyo 2020 Games press and photographer accreditation.
- Even if you are member of the media with accreditation for the Tokyo 2020 Games, TMC media registration (Account Registration and Accreditation Application) is still required to use the TMC. In addition, please act in accordance with the Tokyo 2020 Games Playbook (official rule book).
- Depending on the results of the evaluation of your application, your Accreditation Application for the TMC may not be approved. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
*About Applications for Tokyo 2020 Games Accreditation
Accreditation applications for the Tokyo 2020 Games will be distributed by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) or the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) to National Olympic Committees (NOCs) and National Paralympic Committees (NPCs) in their respective country or region.
- For members of press outlets which are headquartered outside of Japan: please contact the NOC or NPC of your respective country
- For members of press outlets headquartered in Japan: applications for accreditation have already closed
TMC provides the below-listed complimentary services in both English and Japanese.
Updates regarding the services available will be posted on the TMC website and TMC will also notify those who have already registered online via e-mail.
*Service details are subject to change
Services provided online
1) Distribution of articles that detail TMG policies as well as introducing Tokyo’s attractions
2) Photo and video materials for secondary use
3) Fact sheets, statistics, and other data
4) Information on press events
5) Briefings from a variety of speakers, including Governor of Tokyo, KOIKE Yuriko
6) Responses to inquiries regarding media coverage
*Services 1) - 4) will be available from Monday, June 14, services 5) - 6) will become available in July
*Content will continually be added to each section
TMC facility information
1) Available services
- Provision of workspace environment with exclusive Wi-Fi access
- Distribution of media kits (including TMG-related giveaway items), etc.
*Briefings and responses to inquiries will only be handled online
2) Facility Operating Dates and Times
Time Period: July 21, 2021 (Wednesday) to August 9 (Monday),
August 23 (Monday) to September 5 (Sunday)
Operating Hours: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm (planned)
Tokyo Sports Square, 2nd and 3rd Floor (address: Marunouchi 3-8-3, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo)
1 minute walk from JR Yurakucho Station and Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Station
▮ Regarding Media Registration
Tokyo Media Center Management Office
▮ Other Inquiries Regarding the TMC
Tokyo 2020 Media Center,
Policy Coordination Section, Policy Coordination Division,
Office of the Governor for Policy Planning, Tokyo Metropolitan Government
(FYI) TOKYO UPDATES
TMG launched a new media platform to show the world the ever-changing face of Tokyo now and the future. This platform will feature content such as articles which focus on the attractions of Tokyo
and the people who live, study, and work in the city. Please be sure to check it out.