Date : December 7, 2015
Video Report: “Decision on the Implementation of the NEWREP-A (New Scientific Whale Research Program in the Antarctic Ocean)” by Mr. Joji Morishita, Japan’s Commissioner to the IWC
post date : 2015.12.09
On November 27, 2015, having completed the additional analyses necessary for the implementation of the New Scientific Whale Research Program in the Antarctic Ocean (NEWREP-A), the Japanese government made the decision to finalize this program and carry it out starting this fiscal year. The FPCJ organized a press briefing on this topic, inviting Mr. Joji Morishita, Japan’s Commissioner to the International Whaling Commission (IWC).
The briefing had a total of 37 participants, including 22 journalists from the U.S., France, Germany, etc., and 14 embassy representatives.
[Material distributed at the press briefing]
(1) Implementation of NEWREP-A
(3) Attachment 2 (Outline of the Research Plan)
(4) Research Area under NEWREP-A
(5) Report of the Scientific Committee, San Diego, 2015 (SC66a)
(6) The Commercial Whaling Moratorium (Paragraph 10(e) of the International Convention for the Regulation of Whaling) 商業捕鯨モラトリアム（国際捕鯨取締条約附表第10項(e)、1982年採択）
Mr. Joji Morishita, Japan’s Commissioner to the IWC
If you have published an article, photo, or a program based on our press briefing report, please provide us with the (1) title of article(s) or product(s), (2) author’s name, (3) published/broadcast date of your report, and (4) a copy of or a link to your report (if available) via email ( cp[at]fpcjpn.or.jp ).
*Please replace “at” with “@” when you send the Email.